- My So-Called Bollywood Life - Winnie will need a little bit of help from fate, family, and of course, a Bollywood movie star. -

7:30 AM


22524101

Winnie Mehta was never really convinced that Raj was her soulmate, but their love was written in the stars. Literally, a pandit predicted Winnie would find the love of her life before her 18th birthday, and Raj meets all of the qualifications. Which is why Winnie is shocked to return from her summer at film camp to find her boyfriend of three years hooking up with Jenny Dickens. Worse, Raj is crowned chair of the student film festival, a spot Winnie was counting on for her film school applications. As a self-proclaimed Bollywood expert, Winnie knows this is not how her perfect ending is scripted.

Then there’s Dev, a fellow film geek, and one of the few people Winnie can count on to help her reclaim control of her story. Dev is smart charming, and challenges Winnie to look beyond her horoscope to find someone she’d pick for herself. But does falling for Dev mean giving up on her prophecy, and her chance to live happily ever after? To get her Bollywood-like life on track, Winnie will need a little bit of help from fate, family, and of course, a Bollywood movie star.

Like an expertly choreographed Bollywood dance scene, Nisha Sharma’s off-beat love story dazzles in the lime light.

- Review -

My So-Called Bollywood Life is a joy. I found myself smiling so much. The writing and the plot flows in a nice balance. The characters are strong, growth and just fun to read. It’s hard for me to find a book that’s both character and plot driven, but this book has both!
I love Winnie, love for movies, Bollywood movie to be excited. I’ve never seen one but because of this book, I now have a list of ones I wanna see. We meet her with a broken-heart while things seem hard she knows her feelings. I like how she doesn’t give in, she follows her head and heart, strong and passionate.
My favorite character is Dev. He’s funny, super sweet and charming in a good way. He’s not full of himself but knows what his heart wants, does what feels right to him. The relationship between the characters feels real. I liked the push and pulled between Winnie and her parents because it felt real while not overdoing it. Raj Was driving me crazy at times during this book. That’s all I’m Going to say there.
My all-time favorite part of this story is the mix of cultures. For me, there is nothing better than smashing different cultures together because they feel real. The author does such an amazing job weaving India and America cultures together in a way that doesn’t feel forced or pushed onto you as the reader. I also found the title chapters neat where it shows blog post from Winnie's blog that she using for review movies.
Many parts brought smiles and giggles to my face. There’s a dress shopping scene, which was fun. The video chat scenes are a few that stand out for me.
This is a perfect spring, summer read. It only took me a few days to get through. It’s worth the read if you look for a diverse romance read then look no further then this book!

I was given this book to review through ARC so this is a 100% honest review.







You Might Also Like

0 comments

I Review for...

Professional Reader

Reviews Published50 Book Reviews