- A Strong Message - Review - Stronger, Faster, and More Beautiful -

5:30 AM



39402961For fans of television shows Black Mirror and Westworld, this compelling, mind-bending novel is a twisted look into the future, exploring how far we will go to remake ourselves into the perfect human specimen and what it means to be human at all. Set in our world, spanning the near to distant futures, Stronger, Faster, and More Beautiful is a novel made up of six interconnected stories that ask how far we will go to remake ourselves into the perfect human specimens, and how hard that will push the definition of "human." This extraordinary work explores the amazing possibilities of genetic manipulation and life extension, as well as the ethical quandaries that will arise with these advances. The results range from the heavenly to the monstrous. Deeply thoughtful, poignant, horrifying, and action-packed, Arwen Elys Dayton's Stronger, Faster, and More Beautiful is groundbreaking in both form and substance.


This was good, I wanted to read once I heard about it. I thought the story was going to be different than what it was. For me, this wasn't a character or plot book, it was a book about a message and a very big and scary message. I didn't get hooked to any characters, for me it was the world they lived in that made me want to keep reading. There was something about the world the hooked me. Made me see the people I know heading into that world. My mind started thinking, where would my family be? What would I do? Could I even live in this world? But the thing is I don't know because I'm not in that world. I could go on but then this would lead away from this book. Overall, if you want a book that will make you think, then give this book a read.














You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I've been seeing this a lot recently. I like the sound of this novel. Books that make you think are great especially those that really give off that realistic feels. Kind of horrifying but still always an interesting read. I'm adding this to my wishlist, KayCee!

    czai @ the Blacksheep Reader

    ReplyDelete

I Review for...

Professional Reader

Reviews Published50 Book Reviews