- The Book Junkie Trials Readathon - TBR -

4:56 PM


Grand-Makeup-Sale

New readathon is here! A month-long one hosted by The Creator & Royal Majesty: Rachael Marie. I took the quiz and got The Magi! That means my leader is Becca and the Books, Marquess of Magi! I made the choice to do The Magi and then if I'm able to I will try and do all the challenges. With this readathon, I have an ability and that is that I get a three-day lead so I've already started. While my Weakness is that I must read something out of my comfort zone. For that, I've chosen to read a Manga. Here is my TBR list of both that magi prompts and the challenges.


The Magi Prompts
31557553-SY4751. Orc Grove: Some say there is no talking to Orcs, but a good political relationship is needed. Learn some Orc customs by reading a book that is gruesome, gory, or gritty. = The Chosen by Taran Matharu I've heard that its a bit gritty, but I don't read very much bloody or scary stuff, but this book does sound like it will be filled with action. This book is about people vanishing without any explanation, and there's a group of teenage people who are going to find out why.


35797217-SY475 
 2. Ol’ Pirate Cove: Shiver me timbers. You shall be walking the plank if you don’t learn how to sail better. Read a book that takes place, at least in part, on sea. = Big Water by Andrea Curtis is about Christina who goes on a sea journey starting out on a steamship and ends up on a lifeboat. This book sounds different them most sea books I read and I really can't wait to read it.


41733208-SY475
3. Glimmer: This Isle is alight with gems and crystals, one of the most picturesque spots in The High Queendom. Make sure you fit in with a beautiful or colourful book. = Soul of the Sword by Julie Kagawa has such a beautiful cover. I love the shades of blue and that gold.

181400444. Draconic Isle: Oh My! This island is swarming with wyverns and dragons.
Brush up on your draconic knowledge with a book that features dragons. = Dragonar Academy Vol. 1 by Shiki Mizuchi is my weakness where I have to read something out of my comfort zone and that is a manga. The is a book about a school with dragon riders if I am right. I don't read much of anything to do with dragons so this a good fit for me. 

167935. The Bookie Grail: Here you find a lost manuscript, delivered on this forgotten island by a fallen star. Read the group book: Stardust by Neil Gaiman I don't know much about this book and I wanna keep it that way. I wanna go into without knowing hardly anything.











All the challenges
I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to do all these challenges but here is my TBR for them! 


Crimson Peaks: These peaks are about to blow! Re-read a favourite to soothe them into dormancy = New Moon by Stephenie Meyer

Queendom Stone: The stone of our Royal Majesty - what are the royal customs of other lands? Read a book featuring Royalty. = The Return of King Lillian by Suzie Plakson

The Forgotten Forests: All those open series, the forest knows and feels your forgetfulness. It will sing a mounful lament, tormenting you until you read the next in a series. = A Dream So Dark by L.L. McKinney

The Weeping Falls: To pass through the rapids unscathed, you must give to the Falls. Read a tear-jerker. = I'm Not Dying with You Tonight by Gilly Segal; Kimberly Jones

Dwarf Mount: You spot a fair tavern wench, however the Dwarf Mines, grimey and dusty, didn’t evoke a very romantic feeling. Read a book with a hint of romance to get you in the mood. = Within Ash and Stardust by Chani Lynn Feener

Apothecary Towers: Where the wizards dwell. Tricksters. They have blind-folded you and randomised all your books, choose a book at random from your bookshelf. = This Is Not a Love Scene by S. C. Megale

The Great Library: Ahh the great archives, find and read a book that has been on your TBR forever. = The Wicker King by K. Ancrum

The Drowning Deep: The Whirlpool... is so.... mesmerising. Read a book with rich world-building that will suck you into its own world, instead. = The Merciful Crow by Margaret Owen

Orc Grove: Some say there is no talking to Orcs, but a good political relationship is needed. Learn some Orc customs by reading a book that is gruesome, gory, or gritty. = The Chosen by Taran Matharu

Ol’ Pirate Cove: Shiver me timbers. You shall be walking the plank if you don’t learn how to sail better. Read a book that takes place, at least in part, on sea. = Big Water by Andrea Curtis

Glimmer: This Isle is alight with gems and crystals, one of the most picturesque spots in The High Queendom. Make sure you fit in with a beautiful or colourful book. = Beautiful cover Soul of the Sword by Julie Kagawa

Draconic Isle: Oh My! This island is swarming with wyverns and dragons. Brush up on your draconic knowledge with a book that features dragons. = Dragonar Academy Vol. 1 by Shiki Mizuchi

The Elven Guard are surprised by your visit, and are immediately on the offensive: Read a book with War, Military or Political Themes to learn how to help calm the situation. = Red, White & Royal Blue

On the Hallow Isle, lurk incorporeal monsters and the ghosts of your past: Read an Atmospheric or Horror Book to pass this test of nerve. = If We Were Villains by M. L. Rio

Empty Barrel Inn, everyone deserves a swig or too, some say it even aids warming up those vocal cords: Enjoy An Indulgent Read. = Renegade Women in Film and TV

Giant Squid, a fearsome fellow: Read a book that intimidates you, and this foe shall be a doddle. = Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

The Bookie Grail: Here you find a lost manuscript, delivered on this forgotten island by a fallen star. Read the group book: = Stardust by Neil Gaiman



You Might Also Like

0 comments

I Review for...

Professional Reader

Reviews Published50 Book Reviews