-Review of Mooncakes- A story of love and demons, family and witchcraft.-

11:30 AM

1


71-ELkd-VIDQL A story of love and demons, family and witchcraft.

Nova Huang knows more about magic than your average teen witch. She works at her grandmothers’ bookshop, where she helps them loan out spell books and investigate any supernatural occurrences in their New England town.

One fateful night, she follows reports of a white wolf into the woods, and she comes across the unexpected: her childhood crush, Tam Lang, battling a horse demon in the woods. As a werewolf, Tam has been wandering from place to place for years, unable to call any town home.

Pursued by dark forces eager to claim the magic of wolves and out of options, Tam turns to Nova for help. Their latent feelings are rekindled against the backdrop of witchcraft, untested magic, occult rituals, and family ties both new and old in this enchanting tale of self-discovery.


We start off by learning about each of the main characters, Tam and Nova and their world of magic. Tam returns back to a town she once lives, while Nova works at her grandmothers' bookshop; she helps in the store where they loan out speel books and deal with supernatural things that happen in their town. Soon they learn about a demon in the woods. I enjoyed the magic and spells of the town but my favorite part of this book is the characters. I love Novas' grandmothers, they are sweet and care; open-minded and willing to help those who are in need. Nova and Tam are too cute! I enjoyed seeing their relationship grow from childhood friends to where they are now. I also enjoyed Novas' parents not going to say anymore as that could be seen as a spoiler but I enjoyed how they play into the story. The magic in this book is well based, not overpowered while still being the main part of this story. I love the bookshop, the spell books are neat and somehow have their own personalities. And now onto the part, I enjoy this style of art so much. It fits the story very well; I like the colors and the way magic is drawn into this world. Overall, this book put a spell on me, once starting reading I couldn't stop; this magical bookshop pulled me in with these diverse that made me feels so much.














You Might Also Like

0 comments

I Review for...

Professional Reader

Reviews Published50 Book Reviews