#1 Weekly Writing Challenge

11:00 AM


#1 Weekly Writing Challenge: sentence

It's simple when...



-Draft-


It's simple when its not you. It's simple when you the one looking in, but when it's you. When you become the only people are looking at. It changes, everything.
I could hear the footsteps outside my bedroom door. My heart pounded; not filling understanding why. I could hear the door unlock and the bed slump as someone's body weight sits on to the end.
I hand landed on to my leg. I knew from the heat and size that it was my mother's.
"Darling?" My mothers voice filled the air.
I could easily tell something was wrong.
Regretting it, I pulled the cover off my head. Her eyes shined with tears. Tears daring to fall.
"No." I said.
All she did was nod her head. The tears no dancing down her cheeks.

Edited Version-

It's simple when its not you. It's simple when you are the one looking in, but when it's you. When you become the one people are looking at. It changes; everything. I woke up hours ago from no reason, other than the fact my body told me to. It was 6:45 AM.
My alarm was about to go off at 7:30 AM. I could hear the footsteps outside my bedroom door. My heart pounded; not fully understanding why. I could hear the door click open and the bed slump as someone's body weight sit on to the end.
A hand landed on my leg. I knew from the heat and size that it was my mother's.
"Darling?" My mothers voice filled the air.
I could easily tell something was wrong. The sounds of her voice said it all.
Regretting it, I pulled the cover off my head. Her light brown eyes shined with tears. Tears daring to fall.
"No." I said.
All she did was nod her head. The tears now dancing down her cheeks.
"6:45 this morning." She tried keeping her voice strong. But it quivered with each word.
The only plant in the room was the  item I choose to keep my eyes on. I wouldn't let them travel. Not risking meeting someone's eyes. Unsure who long I was staring at the plant, not taking my eyes off of it.
My name entered my thoughts. I turned everyone was looking at me and everything was different.




You Might Also Like

0 comments

I Review for...

Professional Reader

Reviews Published50 Book Reviews