Review: Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon

4:00 AM


 photo Lets Talk Book Covers_zpsz8nzkdtt.png



My disease is as rare as it is famous. Basically, I’m allergic to the world. I don’t leave my house, have not left my house in seventeen years. The only people I ever see are my mom and my nurse, Carla.

But then one day, a moving truck arrives next door. I look out my window, and I see him. He’s tall, lean and wearing all black—black T-shirt, black jeans, black sneakers, and a black knit cap that covers his hair completely. He catches me looking and stares at me. I stare right back. His name is Olly.

Maybe we can’t predict the future, but we can predict some things. For example, I am certainly going to fall in love with Olly. It’s almost certainly going to be a disaster.

 photo Amazon1_zpsjsmmtnqx.png
 photo goodreads-logo_zpsy0rmqs0j.png

~My Review~

Where do I start with this? First, while I was reading, I heard people say it's a twist on the classic 'boy moves in next door changes girl's life' part way in a didn't understand why people were saying that because to me it seemed that this was that was just going to be a classic kind of book without a twist. Don't let the being trick you! I did find that start slow as in pace, but it was all needed. The only huge problem I had was that the romance between Madeline and Olly was a bit rushed.

The further I got into the, the more I enjoyed it. The last few chapters are my favorite part of this plot. I really enjoyed the format of this book, it's told by a mix of different styles. I also have to say I enjoyed Madeline, the little things she would writes in her books, is what got me hooked on her right away. But her love for life even though she never really had one.





As for the ending WOW, is all I am going to say! 
I LOVE endinds I can't see coming. So Yaaasss!

Contemporary is something I wish I could read more of but I find them slow and at times they just don't make sense but Everything, Everything was an enjoyable read. Each character balanced well with the other characters, I do feel that this story was slow; however, it was still a great contemporary read!
 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I Review for...

Professional Reader

Reviews Published50 Book Reviews