- Swoony Read - The Heartbreakers - Review Paper Hearts by Ali Novak -

4:00 AM

33584564“I’m sorry,” he said, slowly untying the ribbon that held his mask in place. “It’s just…I didn’t want you to think of me any differently.”

Somehow I kept my mouth from falling open. I knew his face, but my mind couldn’t accept that he was the person looking down at me.

“My real name is Alec.”


Felicity has her entire future planned. Ever since her older sister ran away, she’s had the full weight of her mother’s expectations on her shoulders. So she works hard to get straight As and save for college.

Except sometimes the best things in life are unplanned—like when Felicity meets a handsome, masked stranger while she is volunteering at a charity masquerade ball. She never thought he’d flirt with her. And she certainly never thought he’d turn out to be a member of the world-famous band the Heartbreakers.

Then Felicity uncovers a shocking family secret. Suddenly, she, Alec, and her two best friends are off on a road trip to find Felicity’s missing sister. And she’s about to discover that unexpected turns have a peculiar way of landing her right where she needs to be…


The Heartbreakers Chronicles is my favorite kind of swoony read. It has music, lovable cheesy moments with characters who are a joy to read about. Ali Novak could be one of my favorite YA romance writers because her style is smooth and flows nicely together.

I love her first book 'The Heartbreakers' and knew I wanted to read the next one. I already knew the male lead, Alec, he was fun in the first book and I was over the moon when I found out that he was the lead in this one. He's a sweet geek guy that makes this book amazing.

My favorite parts of this book would have to be when all the characters are all together. I already know them and I like to see where they are now to where I left them at the end of the first book.

I also like the lead female Felicity. She has her plans but they don't go the way she thinks they will. She goes through a lot of family problems during this book and I felt that make her a strong character because of it.

Overall, this is a perfect read to get lost in on a cold night. It's a story that flew by fast and was a blast!

So, you know that I can't wait to read the next on and see where the characters are at! 
This is an honest review - book gave to me by - NetGalley





You Might Also Like

0 comments

I Review for...

Professional Reader

Reviews Published50 Book Reviews