YA novel in poetic verse - Music - Review - Solo

9:30 AM

2_Book_Review

Solo was such an enjoyable read. The poetic writing makes the story very powerful. We follow Blade who  goes on a crazy ride.(I don't want to say too much it's better if you go in without knowing much.) This book flies by that I felt I didn't get enough, I wanted more.

I love how much music plays into this book. The rock and roll dances between these pages. Music is a powerful thing, and in this book, it shows the many sides to music and its world.

A family is a huge part of this book. - I've been reading more and more books with family themes. - This book shows that not all families are perfect and that families come in different spaces and sizes.

Overall, if you like verses, music and family-themed stories, then pick up this book.

This is an honest review - book gave to me by - NetGalley


33004289Solo, a YA novel in poetic verse, tells the story of seventeen-year-old Blade Morrison, whose life is bombarded with scathing tabloids and a father struggling with just about every addiction under the sun—including a desperate desire to make a comeback. Haunted by memories of his mother and his family’s ruin, Blade’s only hope is in the forbidden love of his girlfriend. But when he discovers a deeply protected family secret, Blade sets out on a journey across the globe that will change everything he thought to be true.



Amazon

Goodreads



You Might Also Like

0 comments

I Review for...

Professional Reader

Reviews Published50 Book Reviews