Review: The 100

9:44 PM


In the future, humans live in city-like spaceships orbiting far above Earth's toxic atmosphere. No one knows when, or even if, the long-abandoned planet will be habitable again. But faced with dwindling resources and a growing populace, government leaders know they must reclaim their homeland... before it's too late.

Now, one hundred juvenile delinquents are being sent on a high-stakes mission to recolonize Earth. After a brutal crash landing, the teens arrive on a savagely beautiful planet they've only seen from space. Confronting the dangers of this rugged new world, they struggle to form a tentative community. But they're haunted by their past and uncertain about the future. To survive, they must learn to trust - and even love - again.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17332969-the-100 




The 100

Let me put it simply… it felt a little flat. I love, love, love the T.V. show and was bubbling with joy when I learned it was base off of a book. I could wait to get my hands on it. And then I did. Lets face it, if I never seen the show and just read the book, I might have had like it more but that’s not what happened.

The book was…. different than what I thought it was going to be. In the book there is two main story like, but one line we don’t even hear about in the show so when that came up in the book I was like “oh, this is much different’. And at first I didn’t care that it was so different. And kept telling myself stop holding this book up to the show, there not the same thing but I part of me could help but do that.

The story itself wasn’t bad I found it much slower than I thought I was going to be. In The 100 there wasn’t that tense, heart racing parts. Some of the characters seemed ‘lost’ and the plot was a back and forth read; that doesn’t bother me. I think what bothered me most was its slow pacing and seem to repeat itself sometime. I enjoyed something from all parts of the story on the ground, up in space and the flashbacks for all different reasons. Out of all the part to me I liked the flashbacks better because the characters seemed to be more developed.

All in all was this a bad book I wouldn’t say that I was just disappointed in it and wished I read it before I seen the show; so I would of had a way opener mind for it. 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I actually read this before starting the show and let's just say it set the bar very low for me when I started watching the tv show. I can honestly say I like the show a lot more than the book, which essentially covers the pilot episode.

    ReplyDelete

I Review for...

Professional Reader

Reviews Published50 Book Reviews