Review: Looking for Alaska

3:30 AM


Before. Miles "Pudge" Halter's whole existence has been one big nonevent, and his obsession with famous last words has only made him crave the "Great Perhaps" (François Rabelais, poet) even more. He heads off to the sometimes crazy, possibly unstable, and anything-but-boring world of Culver Creek Boarding School, and his life becomes the opposite of safe. Because down the hall is Alaska Young. The gorgeous, clever, funny, sexy, self-destructive, screwed-up, and utterly fascinating Alaska Young, who is an event unto herself. She pulls Pudge into her world, launches him into the Great Perhaps, and steals his heart.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/99561.Looking_for_Alaska




*blinking eyes thinking 'No crying*
Okay, can I just say. I wasn't sure with I was going to like this and I didn't... I love it. Wow, the characters are different but fit together like a puzzle. I just fell in love with the three main characters. The main guy Pudge, and then there's Chip and Alaska. All three of them go to Culver Creek Boarding School; Pudge being the new guy. Through the pages their friendships grow along with feelings and drama.
Pudge loves last words of people. This was something at first I found odd at first but soon fell in love with this. There are some amazing last words in this word; this made the book complete as a whole.
The pranks in this book are funny and enjoyable. But then during this book filled with sweet friendship, drama, and sadness gets lighting streaked, unbelievable page turner. I couldn't believe that, Alaska, who's one of a kind. I mean, some of the things she did and say made me think twice. Or smile or want to reach in and hug her. The lessons in this story is hard to learn. I felt sad, smiles and life knowledge about death and many other life things in these pages.
The writing styles in the book is amazing thanks to the wonderful John Green. I just love the writing, characters and plot; I could go on about ways this story came to life or made me stop and think. This was one of my favorite books by John Green and I can’t wait to read his other works.





You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I've never read anything by John Green but I've been thinking of starting out with this one or Paper Towns. Glad you loved this. Alaska sounds like a great character I'd love to get to know. Nice review! :)

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John Green is good!! I hope you like his writing. I haven't read Paper Towns but I'm going to soon, so you'll have to let me know what you think of it! Alaska is, I hope you enjoy it! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

I Review for...

Professional Reader

Reviews Published50 Book Reviews