Review: A Walk to Remember

6:00 AM



Every April, when the wind blows from the sea and mingles with the scent of lilacs, Landon Carter remembers his last year at Beaufort High. It was 1958, and Landon had already dated a girl or two. He even swore that he had once been in love. Certainly the last person in town he thought he'd fall for was Jamie Sullivan, the daughter of the town's Baptist minister.

A quiet girl who always carried a Bible with her schoolbooks, Jamie seemed content living in a world apart from the other teens. She took care of her widowed father, rescued hurt animals, and helped out at the local orphanage. No boy had ever asked her out. Landon would never have dreamed of it.

Then a twist of fate made Jamie his partner for the homecoming dance, and Landon Carter's life would never be the same. Being with Jamie would show him the depths of the human heart and lead him to a decision so stunning it would send him irrevocably on the road to manhood...
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3473.A_Walk_to_Remember




A Walk to Remember



A Walk to Remember... hum...I'm not sure what to say. I wanted to love, love this book as I love the movie so much. But when it came to the book I found it to be a bit bla, it didn't seem to have that spark that was in movie.
Some parts were similar to the movie.
I felt the characters were a bit flat. While the book went on the more the characters seem to come to live. As for the writing style it was more simple than what I thought it was going to be. By the time the last few chapters came I was getting use to the writing style and characters but then it was the end. While other parts felt slow there were some parts I Iove, like the Christmas scene which was hands down one of my favorite part. This book was okay, good-ish read that I was hoping I wanted oh, so much to love...





You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I didn't like this book at all to be honest. It's true that I saw the movie first and loved it. Our English teacher back in high-school played it for us and I cried like nobody's business (as most of my class LOL). Then I found out it was a book and so I decided to read it but as you said, it was just meh! and it definitely didn't have the spark of the movie, it was not even the same time period! and that was very strange for me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the movie, still get tears in my eyes when I watch. So, I think I just held it up to high and it was a let down. Oh how I wanted to love it. The Christmas was pretty much like the only part I really liked other then that I found it slow and meh. I did to find it strange but found it even stranger that the book and movie as so different. Yes, there's been movies and books that were different but this one was hugely different. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

I Review for...

Professional Reader

Reviews Published50 Book Reviews