Review: Me and Earl and the Dying Girl

1:30 PM




Greg Gaines is the last master of high school espionage, able to disappear at will into any social environment. He has only one friend, Earl, and together they spend their time making movies, their own incomprehensible versions of Coppola and Herzog cult classics. Until Greg’s mother forces him to rekindle his childhood friendship with Rachel. Rachel has been diagnosed with leukemia—-cue extreme adolescent awkwardness—-but a parental mandate has been issued and must be obeyed. When Rachel stops treatment, Greg and Earl decide the thing to do is to make a film for her, which turns into the Worst Film Ever Made and becomes a turning point in each of their lives. And all at once Greg must abandon invisibility and stand in the spotlight.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12700353-me-and-earl-and-the-dying-girl






I’am still trying to work my feelings out about this book. At time I loved it. Thought that Greg was a strong character that, at times, I cared for. More towards the end. Truth. I don't think I cared for him until I finished the story and could take it in as a whole. Then I seemed to understand Greg better. Rachel is that character (even person) who’s put in someone's life for a reason. I believe that not every single person you meet is meant to change you or your life but there are ones dashed here and that. And in this story its Rachel, and I don't think is it because she's dying. If you take that away I still believe should would have changed these characters. Yes, I have a lot I can say about this book but that doesn't mean I loved it but I definitely don't hate it. I’m switzerland with this book. It could be that I don't read comedy books but I don't think that's it I think it's the fact that I wanted to love this book so much but it fell flat at times. As the story goes the more I found myself enjoying it. Overall do I wish I never read this book, no I liked it. Will I reread it, probably not. But still it made me smile.






You Might Also Like

0 comments

I Review for...

Professional Reader

Reviews Published50 Book Reviews