Review: Like Moonlight at Low Tide By Nicole Quigley

11:00 AM

 

Like Moonlight at Low Tide By Nicole Quigley was published September 23rd 2012. Its 247 pages. 

Returns to her hometown of Anna Maria Island, Florida, Melissa Keiser knows that its wont be easy. She has mixed feelings on being back home. Part of her is happy, she has her old best friend, who's happens to be now dating one of the islands cutest guys. But so of she's happy to be back on the island. Living the island lifestyles. But Melissa is not looking forward to her old classmate, the old name calling, the way her life was. But she still can to seem to get passed or over the loved one she lost to suicide.

The characters are more then just people Nicole thought of. They all have more to them, they have layers, just like most people. I love the fact that she's relatabled but then the next she's not relatable one bit. Melissa would have to been one of my favorite characters in this story, not because she's a lead. But because of what she goes through. I enjoyed the way that the island has its own 'style'; this little bit od detail make the story better in its own way. Melissa also has problems with her family. I think that's a part that may will be able to relate to even if there family problems are different. There are may other characters I would love to talk about but I don't want to give to much away. But I do want to say that Nicole's writing style, to me, has a classic feel to it. Her style reminds me of books I use to read. I'm a hung si-fi, fantasy, kinds of story but I also love a good teen fiction book any day. This was a short story, so I took my time and read it slowly, but I could be more happier that I took time to read the amazing story.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

I Review for...

Professional Reader

Reviews Published50 Book Reviews