HUGE Children Books Reviews

4:30 AM


What's With This Room?



 A discussion between a boy and his parents about a bedroom, that is so dirty he would "have to clean up just to call it a mess," ends with a blast.




This is one of my favorite story to read to my younger brother. I read it fast, and light hearted. The kid in this story has a reason for everything, I enjoy everything he comes up with, one of my favorite lines goes something like, if it's not science its art. The clearer lines. The drawings in the book helps bring the words to life.






The Knight Who Took All Day
by James Mayhew

There once was a knight who THOUGHT he was brave and fearless and handsome...and a princess who discovered she didn't need rescuing. A dashing knight decides it's time to impress the golden-haired princess. All he needs is a dragon to show off his marvelous talents. One day, a huge dragon appears on the horizon, smoke pouring from his nostrils. Immediately, the knight orders his squire to fetch his armor. But will he get dressed in time--or is this knight more interested in appearances than action? After much waiting, the golden-haired princess decides to tame that fire-breathing beast herself!

I like this book but will mostly not read it again. My favorite part was the end when the princess saves the day. This book has to main messages in it for children. One not everything is about looks and who has the nicest things. Second, girls can be heroes too. Girls can save the day!









Ribbit!
by Rodrigo Folgueira, Poly Bernatene (Illustrator)

A group of frogs are living happily in a peaceful pond, until they discover a surprise visitor: a little pink pig. Sitting contentedly on a rock in the middle of their pond, the pig opens his mouth and says: RIBBIT! The frogs are bewildered at first, and then a bit annoyed—"What did that little pig just say?", "Does he think he's a frog?", "Is he making fun of us?" Soon the pig draws the attention of all the nearby animals; everyone is curious to know what he wants! After much guessing (and shouting) and a visit to the wise old beetle, the animals realize that perhaps the pig was not there to mock them afterall—maybe he just wanted to make new friends! But is it too late? This is a warm, funny, and beautifully illustrated story of friendship, with boisterous RIBBIT!s throughout—perfect for reading aloud.
Oh my word! I love this book. It was suck a cute story. It’s a book about friendship, making new friends and kinda’ about just being yourself. I think the book is good for younger children. But the art in this book is beautiful!






The Princess Knight
by Cornelia Funke (Author), Kerstin Meyer (Illustrator)


Violetta is a princess. But she wants to be a knight. At night, she practises at becoming the best knight in the land. When her father, the king, stages a tournament for Violetta's hand in marriage, she knows she must win the greatest battle yet, for the most important prize of all - herself.







Out of all the children books I’ve read so far this year, this would have to be my favorite because simply put, girl power! I enjoyed the lead girl and how strong she is. I won’t say much, as I don’t one to spill the beans and this is has a good plot that older children will enjoy!





I Can't Talk Yet, but When I Do...
by Julie Markes, Laura Rader (Illustrator)

Everyone knows babies can't talk, but if they could, they'd have a lot to thank their older siblings for -- whether it's giving them extra licks of an ice cream cone, teaching them songs to sing, or not letting them put sand in their mouths. This big thank-you of a book is sure to add an extra layer of appreciation to any sibling relationship. Julie Markes's sweet text and Laura Rader's humorous illustrations will delight the entire family.

This story could not be any sweeter. I like the drawings and the cuteness of the lead characters, I mean mouse. He’s such a joy to read, I believe young children will like this book!








You Might Also Like

0 comments

I Review for...

Professional Reader

Reviews Published50 Book Reviews