Review: The Young Elites

6:00 AM





The Young Elites
Author:
Followed by:
Genres: Science Fiction, Dystopia, Fantasy, Magic, 
Adventure, Young Adult, Teen
 

I am tired of being used, hurt, and cast aside. 
Adelina Amouteru is a survivor of the blood fever. A decade ago, the deadly illness swept through her nation. Most of the infected perished, while many of the children who survived were left with strange markings. Adelina’s black hair turned silver, her lashes went pale, and now she has only a jagged scar where her left eye once was. Her cruel father believes she is a malfetto, an abomination, ruining their family’s good name and standing in the way of their fortune. But some of the fever’s survivors are rumored to possess more than just scars—they are believed to have mysterious and powerful gifts, and though their identities remain secret, they have come to be called the Young Elites.
Teren Santoro works for the king. As Leader of the Inquisition Axis, it is his job to seek out the Young Elites, to destroy them before they destroy the nation. He believes the Young Elites to be dangerous and vengeful, but it’s Teren who may possess the darkest secret of all.

Enzo Valenciano is a member of the Dagger Society. This secret sect of Young Elites seeks out others like them before the Inquisition Axis can. But when the Daggers find Adelina, they discover someone with powers like they’ve never seen.

Adelina wants to believe Enzo is on her side, and that Teren is the true enemy. But the lives of these three will collide in unexpected ways, as each fights a very different and personal battle. But of one thing they are all certain: Adelina has abilities that shouldn’t belong in this world. A vengeful blackness in her heart. And a desire to destroy all who dare to cross her.

It is my turn to use. My turn to hurt.
 

   The Young Elites I have to say I wasn’t sure how I was going to feel about this book as I enjoyed Marie Lu’s other book so much. I have to admit that I did enjoy this book!
The family drama, while being a major part of the story wasn’t my favorite part. Once Adelina was away from home, the story really began for me . I found that it was fast pace but meant to be read slower than what I did.
Also, the fact that Adelina doesn’t look perfect is what made this story for me. I liked that she didn’t have a perfect face, that her hair was silver and that she isn’t 100% good. There’s was some things that, if they happened different, it would have changed the whole book. I like books that have the ability for the readers to think of the ‘what ifs’ and have millions of different outcomes playing in their minds.
   Like what if she did show her father her abilities? Or what if she didn’t kill ‘that person’? (Not putting a name, don’t want to spoil it!!) There was so many ways this book could have gone but I believe the author wrote and plotted this book the way it was meant to be. Telling Adelina’s story, the way fate would have it. I love most of the characters and have the ones I enjoy not liking too. I think that  Enzo might be my favorite just because, I don’t know why; there’s just something about him I like. While the book ends, just kinda drops me, making me want the next one, like now, need it get my hands on it!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

I Review for...

Professional Reader

Reviews Published50 Book Reviews