#2 Weekly Writing Challenge

6:00 AM


#2 Weekly Writing Challenge:
Topic - waking up in an unknown place



-Draft -
Light flashed on.
"Turn it off!" I snapped. "Now, Bee." I wrapped myself closer.
"Youre gonna be late for class, newbie." My eyes fly open. Looking around, half expecting to see my poster covered walls instead my eyes were metered by egg cream yellow paint.
Blinking I let reality hit me. I wasn't in my room. Looking at the girl who just spoke, I let my eyes take in her outfit. It was a classic school uniform. The colors were black and gray with an white badge on the left side.
"Where, how..."
"I woke you you were here. Get dressed your cloths are there." She said point to the foot of the bed.
There on the wooden board was an outfit just like the one the girl in front of me hand on.
"You don't want to be late, just trust me." The girl's eyes read that she was telling the truth. I listened. Following into the hallways, being greeted by dark red wood covered walls. There was design carved throughout the walls of the hallway; filled with doors and hanging lamps.
"This was." The girl said.
Once again I listened following the girl I didn't know. Five minutes lasted we can to stop in front of a door with silver writings that read Lighten Light'.
"Lighten Light?"
She just looked at me as she pushed the door open.

-Edited -
Light flashed on.
"Turn it off!" I snapped. "Now, Bee." I wrapped myself closer.
"You're gonna be late for class, newbie." My eyes fly open. Looking around, half expecting to see my poster covered walls instead my eyes were metered by egg cream yellow paint.
Blinking I let reality hit me. I wasn't in my room. Looking at the girl who just spoke, I let my eyes take in her outfit. It was a classic school uniform. The colors were black and gray with an white badge on the left side.
"Where, how?..."
"I woken and you were here. Get dressed your cloths are there." She said point to the foot of the bed.
There on the wooden bed-board was an outfit just like the one the girl in front of me hand on.
I listened. "Where is here?" I asked as I got dressed; in front of the stranger.
"Woodlawn Academy." I couldn't tell by the look in the girls eyes if this was good or bad.
Following her into the hallway; they're covered by dark red wood. There was design carved throughout the walls; filled with doors and hanging lamps.
Once again, I listened following the girl I didn't know. Five minutes later we can to stop in front of a door with silver writing 'Lighten Light'.
"Lighten Light?"
She just looked at me, as she pushed the door open.
The room behind the door was dark, other than the lights around the edge of the room.
The girl walked in. Following her my eyes gazed the room. Once in the door shut causing the lights to glow brighter.
The lights were jars. Floating jars! Stepping closer, making out the lining if the jar. The light inside was moving.
As if, somehow, alive. Letting my eyes travel to the top, I could see the jar was really floating. There was nothing holding it there. Just the jar and a ball of light.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Here is my link!
    http://sunnyskyahead.blogspot.com/2014/10/my-story-contest-entry.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank yo so much! I enjoyed it quite a lot. Left me wanting to know more. Please come back next Monday and join in that writing challenge! I hope you will!

      Delete

I Review for...

Professional Reader

Reviews Published50 Book Reviews